Bachelor of Arts
Our School of Education is for those students who wish to pursue a career in the field of Education. This program will enable students to gain knowledge and
understanding of the different Educational programs- Elementary, secondary, High School and Post-Secondary Educational Institutions- and prepare them to work as
a Teacher, Administrator or other Support person within these Educational Institutions.
List of Courses at the HND and Bachelor
Didactics, Curriculum Development and Teaching
Science of Education
Advertising and Public Relations
Printing, Editing and Publishing
Media Photography and Audiovisual
Master of Science in Innovative Education and Teaching (M.S.IET)
The broad aim of the MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INNOVATIVE EDUCATION & TEACHING is to prepare a more able, efficient, internationally oriented, skilled teaching force. The programme aims at equipping teachers with necessary knowledge and skills, as well as inculcate continuing education mindset to enable them to:
- Engage in best practices to maximize learning outcomes.
- Employ sound educational theories and principles in day-to-day teaching and related tasks.
- Provide creative and flexible opportunity for teachers who are busy, but nevertheless wish to gain an internationally recognized teaching credential to further boost their professional careers in education.
- Contribute to the overall quality of education by becoming professionally attuned to a wide range of effective educational practices, by identifying and discarding those that are not effective.
- Be part of a bigger group of professional teacher network that makes up a constructive community of learners aimed at advancing the cause of good education for all, locally and internationally.
Program Learning Outcomes
The programme structure enables students to acquire the following knowledge and transferable skills:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of educational and psychological theories, principles and concepts that directly or indirectly affect teaching and learning.
- Critically analyse and verify the application of such theories, principles and concepts in one’s own day-to-day teaching practices.
- Construct models and plan strategies aimed at improving curriculum delivery Employ assessment techniques that are in alignment with teaching approaches and pedagogic soundness.
- Develop a sound educational philosophy that would be reflected in every thought- pattern, action plan and execution of lessons.
- Evaluate contemporary educational ideas and practices and critically examine their relevance, appropriateness, and benefit to improving student learning and achievement.
- Embrace, practice and advocate for educational best practices that maximize teacher satisfaction and students’ success in learning.
Program Structure and Requirements
- There are 7 Core Modules plus 1 Action Research Paper. Each Module has a value of 7.5 ECTS.
- To complete the Programme and gain the award, students must successfully complete a total of 60 ECTS.
- The duration of the Programme is 12 months.
- Recognized Bachelor Degree in any field.
- Sufficient English language proficiency (IELTS 6.0 or its equivalent).
- At least 3 years of working experience as a professional teacher.
Whilst most of the courses do not set an exact deadline for applications, students are advised to apply early to secure the place and organise any sponsorship or funding.
International students are encouraged to apply 1 month prior the commence of the preferred courses. This allows sufficient time to process our decision, for you to obtain visas and to organise your accommodation and travel arrangements.
Here is the list of documents required for the M.S.IET admissions:
- Education Certificates + Transcripts.
- Latest CV / Résume.
- 2-3 Reference Letters (past or current employer(s) or professors).
- Personal Statement (500 words).
- Passport Copy.
- Passport Size Photo (jpg format).
100% completion of courses and assessment therein is required to be able to get certified in the said course and/or programme
Action Reseach Paper
ACTION RESEARCH PAPER
This requirement of the M.Ed. programme will enable the student to prepare a research paper that applies education concepts and research techniques to a significant teaching related issue or problem. This course will specifically place greater emphasis on and introduce students to action research, a form of self-reflective systematic inquiry by practitioners on their own practice. The goals of action research are the improvement of practice, a better understanding of that practice, and an improvement in the situation in which the practice is carried out.
After completing the action research the student should be able to:
- Describe the major steps involved in conducting a research study.
- Define and state the major characteristics of a variety of research approaches.
- Describe each of the components of a research plan.
- State the purposes, characteristics, and strategies of qualitative and quantitative research.
- Identify strategies for finding and selecting research participants.
- State strategies to enhance the validity of collected data.
- Describe processes involved in analyzing, interpreting, and reporting data.
- Carry out full-fledged action research and write a report on the findings of their investigation.